As of December 11, 2017:SEGUN DAWODU, is certified. The certificate expiration date is: March 1, 2018.
The specialty certified is: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Within Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, NBPAS has certified the following subspecialties: Pain Medicine, Spinal Cord Injury Medicine, Sports Medicine.
Within Preventive Medicine, NBPAS has certified the following subspecialty: Clinical Informatics.
Certification by NBPAS is a measure of training, experience and life-long learning. It does not guarantee competence or any specific medical outcomes.
NBPAS certification requires fulfillment of the following criteria:
- Previous certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties member board.
- A valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in at least one US state. Physicians who only hold a license outside of the U.S. must provide evidence of an unrestricted license from a valid non-U.S. licensing body.
- A minimum of 50 hours of continuing medical education (CME) within the past 24 months, provided by a recognized provider of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). CME must be related to one or more of the certified specialties. Re-entry for physicians with lapsed certification requires 100 hours of CME with the past 24 months. Physicians in or within two years of training are exempt.
- For some specialties (ie interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, surgical specialties), certified physicians must have active privileges to practice that specialty in at least one US hospital licensed by a nationally recognized credentialing organization with deeming authority from CMS (ie Joint Commission, HFAP, DNV).
- A physician who has had their medical staff appointment/membership or clinical privileges in the specialty for which they are seeking certification involuntarily revoked and not reinstated, must have subsequently maintained medical staff appointment/membership or clinical privileges for at least 24 months in another US hospital licensed by a nationally recognized credentialing organization with deeming authority from CMS (ie Joint Commission, HFAP, DNV).